- The Making of "Life of Pi" and Program Management
- “Can’t Get No Respect?” - Try Earning It
- PMI Marketplace - February 2013 Book of the Month... Managing Stakeholders As Clients
- Free Project Management Training Webinar Courses (via Project Insight)
- PMP Examination Update in 2011
- New Exam Content - August 2011
- Free Webinars for Software Testing (via IIST)
Maintain Your Credential with PDUs
Professional Development Units (PDUs) are necessary for renewal of PMI credentials. You must report and track your PDUs in the Continuing Certification Requirements System (CCRS) at: https://ccrs.pmi.org/. Your submissions are subject to audit by PMI for verification by PMI-NAC.
Your submissions are subject to audit by PMI for verification by PMI-NAC.
You can earn PDUs in various ways.
- Attend chapter meetings. Further instructions are below on this page. Events such as these with two or fewer PDUs are not inventoried on the PMI Global reporting site.
- Attend special training events and seminars. These items typically offer more than two PDUs. Follow the reporting instructions on the sheet you're given at the event.
- Volunteer for PMI-NAC activities.
- Serve on the Board of Directors of PMI-NAC
Note the link to all the various credential handbooks which should answer your other PDU questions.
Help for CCRS is here: http://www.pmi.org/Help/ccrs_user/default.htm
Reporting and Tracking Three or More PDUs
Follow the instructions provided on the sheet provided you at the conclusion of the event.
Reporting and Tracking Your Chapter Meeting PDUs (Two or Less)
Here's the information on prior meetings you may wish to submit for PDU credit. Note that the reporting interface has changed from that for earlier events, but the information you need is still the same.
- Go to https://ccrs.PMI.org/.
- Click Log In in upper right corner.
- Enter your PMI.org user name and password. If you don’t already have an account, you must create one. Click Log In.
- Click on Report PDU.
- In the PDU Category dropdown list, select Cat A – Registered Education Provider Program/PMI Component Event.
- In Activity Type dropdown list, select Report a Component 1-2 PDU Event. Click Next.
- In the Component ID field enter C051 (that's a zero) and for Component Name enter PMI North Alabama Chapter. Click Search.
- Click on C051 on the next screen.
- Complete the Component Activity Information entering only the date and title. See the information below on this page. Leave all the other fields blank. Click Next.
- Enter the number of PDUs from the below information. Click Next.
- Confirm the accuracy of the information, then check the I agree box. Click Submit.
- You should receive two emails from PMI Care – one confirming your entry and another announcing approval.
Recent Chapter Meetings and Orientations
2012 Chapter Meetings
|Event||Date||No. of PDUs|
|November/December 2012 Lunch Meeting||December 04, 2012||1|
|October 2012 Lunch Meeting||October 16, 2012||1|
|September 2012 Lunch Meeting||September 25, 2012||1|
|August 2012 Lunch Meeting||August 21, 2012||1|
|July 2012 Lunch Meeting||July 17, 2012||1|
|June 2012 Lunch Meeting||June 19, 2012||1|
|May 2012 Lunch Meeting||May 15, 2012||1|
|April 2012 Lunch Meeting||April 17, 2012||1|
|March 2012 Lunch Meeting||March 20, 2012||1|
|January Lunch Meeting||January 17, 2012||1|
2011 Chapter Meetings
|Event||Date||No. of PDUs|
|December Lunch Meeting||December 6, 2011||1|
|October Lunch Meeting||October 18, 2011||1|
|September Lunch Meeting||September 20, 2011||1|
|August Lunch Meeting||August 9, 2011||1|
|July Lunch Meeting||July 19, 2011||1|
|June Lunch Meeting||June 21, 2011||1|
|May Lunch Meeting||May 17, 2011||1|
|May Chapter Spring Orientation||May 9, 2011||1|
|April Lunch Meeting||April 19, 2011||1|
|March Lunch Meeting||March 15, 2011||1|
|February Lunch Meeting||February 15, 2011||1|
|January Lunch Meeting||January 18, 2011||1|