- The Making of "Life of Pi" and Program Management
- “Can’t Get No Respect?” - Try Earning It
- PMI Marketplace - February 2013 Book of the Month... Managing Stakeholders As Clients
- Free Project Management Training Webinar Courses (via Project Insight)
- PMP Examination Update in 2011
- New Exam Content - August 2011
- Free Webinars for Software Testing (via IIST)
Volunteers are needed in key areas across the chapter so take advantage of this great opportunity to earn PDUs and network with local project management professionals. The PMI NAC Chapter is growing rapidly and we are always looking for motivated and energetic folks to help us support chapter communications, special events, education, programs, planning and strategy.
Your level of involvement in these various areas can be tailored just for you. Our volunteers meet as a group every month or so to network, talk shop, and socialize in a relaxed environment.
Immediate volunteer openings now available for:
- Works with all volunteers of PMI-NAC to ensure all needs are met.
- Communicates with new volunteers to orient them with PMI-NAC.
- Assists in recruiting for vacant volunteer and BoD positions.
- Maintains records of volunteers and their activity.
- Central point of contact for volunteer questions and information.
- Estimated time required 3-5 hours per week, as needed.
- Plan and coordinate a community service project for PMI NAC to take the lead on.
- Work with Director of Volunteers to recruit and organize team worthy of this effort.
- Estimated time required 5 hours per week, as needed.
- Be available when needed to be assigned to new members joining the North Alabama Chapter of PMI.
- Mentoring duties will be one mentor per new member and be designed so that the member has a person available for questions, information, encouragement, and advice.
- This person would be the one "showing the ropes" to new members until they become acclimated with PMI NAC.
- All mentors will be listed in a pool and assignment will occur on a rotating basis. Mentors will report to the VP of Membership.
- Approximate time required 1-2 hours per week when assigned to a member.
- Assist VP of Membership as needed.
- Maintain records and correspondence regarding current and future members.
- Excellent communication skills necessary.
- Estimated time required 1-2 hours per week.